Position: Professional Coordinator/Consultant
Location: Century House
620 Eighth Street
New Westminster, BC
A part time position is available for a clinical consultant to work with the Senior Peer Counselling program at Century House in New Westminster. Century House, is a community recreation centre for adults, ages 50 plus. The current program is seeking an individual to coordinate and support a dynamic group of volunteer counsellors. This position will appeal to those individuals with strong facilitation and teaching skills. This is an excellent opportunity for those with a passion for supporting and helping older adults.
This is a supervisory position responsible for the planning, organization and coordination of the Senior Peer Counselling Program. The Consultant works in collaboration with, and is supported by a seniors’ peer counselling activity committee.
In addition, the Coordinator/ Consultant schedules, implements and evaluates a training program offered on an as need basis.
Master’s degree in Social Work, or Counselling Psychology (or other counselling degrees).
- Familiarity with Gerontology through educational course work and/or work experience.
- Ability to supervise, teach and train senior peer counsellors.
- Experience in adult education and the ability to develop and facilitate course work for a peer counselling program.
- Case management experience.
- Enthusiastic, with good judgement and strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of community resources for older adults and willingness to develop community relationships.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Day/ Hours: Wednesdays, 7.5 hrs per day
Rate of Pay: Up to $34.00 /hr – based on experience
This is a part-time contract position with no benefits provided.
Applications may be mailed/ dropped off at Century House, 620 Eighth Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 3S2, Attention: Senior Peer Counselling Position or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, October 12th, 2017