Know a senior who is lonely or isolated?
Century House Senior Peer Counselling Volunteer Visitor Program
Is a new program that assists older adults and seniors that can experience loneliness
and isolation, due to changes in health, mobility, relocation, life transitions and caregiver burden.
Our trained volunteers provide:
- Social connection
- and help with finding information
- programs and services
Call for information: T: (604) 519-1064 – Line 1
Seniors Helping Seniors
Trained senior volunteers provide free and confidential one-to-one support to help meet life’s challenges. You meet at Century House or your home. Open to New Westminster residents.
Peer counselling is based on the principles of self help and mutual aid. Peer Counsellors may have had similar life experiences and acquired life skills that increase the effectiveness of the client/counsellor relationship. Because Senior Peer Counsellors are peer-aged, a special bond of trust develops.
No Need to Walk Alone
We believe that:
- People prefer to talk to those who are similar in age and life experience.
- Expressing feelings helps us with clarity and decision making.
- People value self reliance and want to stay in charge of their lives.
- People experiencing challenges in life benefit from regular one on one counselling and support.
- People appreciate empathetic support and non-judgmental and confidential communication.